5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Candidates who want to pursue the BTech course from top colleges in India need to clear JEE Main examination. Now if you are in 11th or 12th, and BTech admissions is your goal, you would want to know what’s the eligibility and how much you need to score. Because if you don’t have a certain percentage in 12th, it would be difficult for you to be eligible for JEE Main. Hence, today, in this blog, we will learn about the eligibility criteria of JEE Main and whether 12th marks are important or not. Most students in the process of studying for entrance exams, do not concentrate on 12th, but this blog will enlighten you on why it is necessary to be active and do great in 12th class.
Are 12th Marks Important for JEE?
Most students who want to give JEE have this question, whether 12th marks are important for JEE or not. Candidates work hard to ace this examination to get BTech admission into the top government engineering colleges in India but unfortunately, they aren’t able to get BTech admission for some reason. What do you think the reason would be?
- Accordingly, 12th marks have no weightage when preparing for JEE examinations.
- Ranks are determined based on the score that you achieve in the JEE exams.
- But if you wish to get admission into the top government engineering colleges, you need to have at least 75% in the 12th class from a recognised board.
- If you are from a reserved category, then you need to have at least 65% in the 12th class to be eligible to get entry into a top government engineering college.
(Also Read: https://sunstone.in/blog/iit-jee-exam-myths)
What is the JEE Main 2024 Eligibility?
JEE Main Age Limit
There is no age limit to be eligible for JEE Main.
Total Number of Attempts
Students may take the JEE Main exam three times in a row.
JEE Main 2024 Qualifying Exams
- Any recognised Central or State Board, including the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi, the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (ISCE), New Delhi, etc., conducts the final exam (10+2 system).
- The National Defence Academy's Joint Services Wing's two-year course's final examination
- Any public school, board, or university examination that is recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as being equal to the 10+2 system in India or any other country
- High School Certificate Examination from Cambridge University or an International Baccalaureate Diploma from the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva, are two diplomas that are recognised by the AICTE or a State board of technical education and have a minimum duration of three years.
- The candidate must have already passed at least one public exam (such as a board or pre-university exam) if the class 12 exam is not a public exam.
- A two-year pre-university or intermediate exam administered by a recognised board or university.
- The National Institute of Open Schooling administers a senior secondary school examination with a minimum of five courses.
- Exam for the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) Vocational
- Candidates who passed the class 12 (or comparable) examination outside of India or from a Board not listed above must present a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) stating that the examination they passed is equivalent to the class 12 examination.
Subject Combinations for JEE Main 2024
To get admission to different programs, you need to have passed a different set of subject combinations to qualify for JEE Main 2024. Let’s have a look at them:
- B.Tech Course: Physics and Maths are mandatory subjects, along with one additional subject that can be Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects.
- B.Arch Program: You need to clear Physics, Chemistry and Maths subject in class 12th.
- B.Planning Course: The candidate must have passed the exam with Maths subject.
JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria for Droppers
If you are a dropper, here are JEE Main 2024 eligibility criteria you need to know.
- There is no age limit for droppers applying for JEE Main 2024.
- The candidate must have passed class 12th in 2022, 2023 or 2024.
- The candidate must have taken 5 subjects in class 12th, which should include Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
If you are the one who wants to be given JEE Main entrance exam, then we have mentioned the eligibility criteria that are needed for you. Once, you have given this exam, you can get BTech admission. You can also apply for the B.Tech program via Sunstone and give a kickstart to your career. With Sunstone by your side, you get:
- 70+ training and development sessions by top recruiters and industry experts.
- 50+ guaranteed job interviews with Placement Protection Plan
- Learn from expert guest faculty who are ex-IIMs and IITs.
- 70% more job opportunities in metropolitan cities
- You get to work on a capstone project every semester.
- Helps in building a professional portfolio which improves your chances of getting hired.
- If you appear in the Sunstone scholarship test, you get a scholarship worth up to ₹ 10 Cr.
FAQs: JEE Eligibility 2024
How many attempts are allowed in JEE Main?
You can give JEE Main for three consecutive years.
If I have passed my 12th from Nepal or Bhutan, which state code will be given to me?
You will get the state code of the permanent address mentioned in your passport.
If I have passed my 12th from one state and appeared for improvement/supplementary examination in a different state, then which state code will I use?
The state code that will be used is of the state from where you have given your improvement/supplementary exam.
What is the state code of OCI/PIO?
The state code of OCI/PIO is 98.