5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
The BBA HR full form is BBA in Human Resource Management, a three-year undergraduate course.
The course focuses on studying the principles needed for working in Human Resource Management (HRM) firms or HRM departments. As a result, the students gain adequate knowledge and skills to get employed. The course spans three years, and each year comprises two semesters.
Human resource is an important unit of each organisation, and its efficient management requires professionals with an HRM degree. Any student who wishes to pursue a BBA degree with a specialisation in HRM can get this degree from one of India's reputed BBA in Human Resource Management colleges.
This article gives detailed information on the BBA HRM degree, the top BBA in Human Resource Management colleges in India, and more.
BBA in Human Resource Management - Overview
Level of the Course
Type of Examination
Year-wise or Semester-wise
3 years (6 semesters)
Average Tuition Fees
₹4 to ₹7 lakhs
₹3 to ₹5 lakhs
Reasons for Studying BBA in Human Resource Management in India
Opting for a BBA specialisation in human resources offers several benefits, and it will be one of the most in-demand degrees in the foreseeable future.
Here are some of the reasons for doing a BBA in Human Resource Management in India:
- Students with a BBA specialisation in human resources will gain insights into business strategies, finance and business management, etc., which will help them establish their own organisation or gain a high-profile job in one of the top companies in India.
- You can gain high-profile and lucrative job opportunities that will help you get high salaries and the chance to travel to different destinations for job-related purposes.
- After you complete your BBA degree, you can do some of the best courses after your BBA, such as MBA or PGDM, to enhance your skills and get a handsome BBA Human Resource Management salary hike.
- The average salary for graduates of BBA in Human Resource Management in India is more than for other degrees. You can get a starting package between ₹4 to ₹7 lakhs which will increase to ₹30 to ₹40 lakhs within a few years.
BBA in Human Resource - Application Process
To apply for a BBA specialisation in human resources, you need to understand the process of universities and colleges. Each college and university has a different admission process. There are two types of admission processes - merit-based and entrance-based.
For the merit-based admission process, you must submit a form either offline or online. You will be selected based on your 12th class results. If you are selected for the college, you will be called for document verification, after which you will pay the fee and get admitted to the institution of your choice.
The entrance-based process is followed for admission to one of the best BBA in Human Resource Management colleges in India. Students are selected based on their results in entrance exams such as NPAT, NMIMS, DU JAT, IPU CET, etc.
BBA in Human Resource Management in India - Eligibility Criteria
If you want to pursue a BBA degree in HRM, you must know the eligibility criteria for getting admission to the course. The basic criteria for getting admission are listed below, but the eligibility may vary according to college or university.
- As an aspirant, you must have at least 50% in Class 12th from one of the recognised boards in India, preferably in Commerce stream.
- You might have to appear at some of the entrance exams, such as NPAT, NMIMS, DU JAT, IPU CET, etc., to get admitted to the university or college of your choice.
- Some of the institutions in India have a limit on age when it comes to this BBA degree. The age for admission is from 17 to 22 years.
Top BBA in Human Resource Management Colleges in India
If you are looking to pursue a BBA in HR Management degree, here are some of the top colleges that you can opt for:
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- Parul University
- Oxford College of Business Management
- Ajeenkya DY Patil University, Pune
- GD Goenka School of Management
- Sharda University
- Jain University
- Sandip University
- School of Business, Dehradun
- Rathinam Group of Institutions, Coimbatore
- Alliance University
- Calcutta Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata
- Presidency University
- Bangalore Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
BBA Human Resource Management Subjects and Syllabus
Here is the list of BBA HR Subjects covered in its syllabus:
- Research Methods
- Business Environment
- Communication Skills
- Quality Management
- Technology Management
- Legal and Regulatory Framework
- Taxation Management
- Computer Fundamentals
- Marketing Management
- Management Development and Skills
- Economic Planning and Policies
- Small Business Management
- Project Work
- Advertising and Sales
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Business Strategy
- International Financial Institutions
- Entrepreneurship Management
- Management Accounting
- Organisational Behavior
- Human Resource Management
- International Marketing
BBA Specialisation in Human Resources - Jobs
BBA in Human Resource Management in India is one of the most sought-after courses, and there are many jobs that you can opt for after completing the course.
Here are some of the jobs that you can get after your BBA degree:
- HR Executive
- HR Manager
- Employee Relations Manager
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager
- Personnel Manager
BBA in Human Resource Management in India is one of the top courses people can opt for after completing the 12th class. Therefore, you can choose one of the top BBA in Human Resource Management colleges in India to pursue your course.
There are many great options that you can pursue after course completion. For example, you can choose to work in the field, or you can choose to get a postgraduate degree in business administration or business management.
If you have queries concerning BBA institutes, admissions, and BBA HR syllabus and scope or wish to enhance your skills to improve employability, you can contact us at Sunstone.
The Sunstone Edge offers dedicated assistance with career guidance, industry knowledge, industry/career-related training and internships, soft skills training, personality development, upskilling and much more to ensure the holistic development of students.
This enhances employability and allows students to gain a 360-degree view of their chosen field and aim for exciting career opportunities with a good BBA Human Resource Management salary in India.
FAQ - BBA In Human Resource Management
- Does BBA in HRM require you to have Maths compulsorily?
No, maths is not needed to pursue a BBA HRM degree.
- What should one do after completing a BBA degree in HRM?
You can either get a job at one of the reputed firms with a BBA degree in human resources or a postgraduate degree like an MBA or PGDM.
- What is the salary of HR after BBA?
The average BBA Human Resource Management salary in India is ₹3 to ₹5 lakhs.
- What are BBA and MBA in Human Resource Management?
While BBA in HR Management is an undergraduate degree of three years, MBA in HR Management is a two-year postgraduate degree that offers knowledge and training in managing an organisation's workforce along with responsibilities like recruitment, management, and offering guidance to the organisation's employees.
- Is HRM one of the best courses that I can pursue?
Yes, HRM is one of the best courses you can opt for regarding salary and job opportunities. Therefore, the scope for BBA in Human Resource Management in India is increasing daily.