5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
The survey reports of Corporate Recruiting suggest that many companies hire MBA graduates. So, you see, there is an evergreen requirement for MBA graduates in India and across the globe. Now most of the candidates have this question - What is the best time to pursue an MBA program? You know there are many reasons to do MBA, but the most fascinating reason is that it is a universally accepted degree which can get you a job in any country. Anyways, you must be confused currently and to resolve this query of yours, we have curated comparisons that will guide you in the best way possible. Just remember, most companies are looking forward to getting people in managerial roles who are MBAs, and you can be one of them along with grabbing a good salary by pursuing an MBA degree.
What is an MBA Program?
MBA stands for Master of Business Administration, and it is an internationally-accepted graduate-level degree that offers practical and theoretical knowledge of business and investment. It is a 2-year postgraduate program which covers various areas of business administration like accounting, finance, human resource, sales and marketing, operations, entrepreneurship, retail, logistics and supply chain and many more. It is suggested that one should pursue an MBA program from a reputed B-school. Now that you know what MBA is, let’s move forward with when you should pursue this program and what are the soft skills required.
Pursuing an MBA after Graduation
There are advantages and disadvantages both if you pursue an MBA program right after graduation.
- You will be able to cope with your studies as you are a fresh graduate.
- It might be a little difficult for you to understand the curriculum as you don’t have corporate experience.
- There is a higher demand for MBA freshers nowadays.
- During placement, you would be offered less salary than the one with experience.
Pursuing an MBA after Work Experience
There are many advantages if you do an MBA course after 3-4 years of work experience.
- Some institutions demand work experience.
- Work experience gives extra weightage directly or indirectly when you choose an MBA program.
- It will be easy for you to get a financial loan for your MBA program as you have built some credibility there.
- Most business schools have ‘lateral placement’ for students who have work experience already.
- It is easy to grasp lessons as candidates with work experience already have exposure to corporate.
- When companies look for senior or mid-level positions with higher packages, they choose candidates with prior experience.
Now, it is up to you when to do MBA in India - after graduation or after taking work experience. There are pros and cons mentioned which will help you in deciding the right time to do an MBA program.
When to Do MBA in India
Majorly there are two reasons while choosing to do an MBA program. These two reasons are:
- Either you wish to get a leadership role. Well, in this case, you need to have prior work experience, and then by pursuing MBA, you can enter into leadership roles.
- You wish to change your career path. Like, you are in the IT sector, and now you want to enter the management sector which can be any, investment banking, human resource or any of them. In this case, you can know about internships instead of proper work experience.
Soft Skills Required for MBA
There are certain soft skills required to pursue an MBA program. Here is a list of those soft skills that you should acquire.
- Positive Attitude
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Clear Verbal Skills
- Carefully Listening Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Strong Work Ethic
Factors to Consider Before Applying for MBA in India
Before selecting any MBA course or applying for MBA in India, you need to consider certain factors. These factors are unavoidable and you should be considering the criteria required.
- The credibility of the b-school from where you wish to pursue this course.
- What are the eligibility criteria for the particular program that you opt for?
- Then, you need to see the program valuation in the market. Which specialisation is paying more and whether it suits you or not.
- Now you need to see what is the course syllable and which are subjects you’ll have to study under that specialisation.
- Whether the b-school is providing a flexible payment option or not, what is the fee structure and how it will affect you?
- You’ll have to see where you’ll be placed and what career options will be open for you.
If you wish to pursue an MBA program, you can get admission to a reputed business school powered by Sunstone. With them, you get 70+ master classes from industry experts and top recruiters. A Capstone Project every semester and 50+ guaranteed job interviews (T&C applied). Along with that, Sunstone also helps you in building a professional portfolio that increases your chances of getting placed in a good company. So, if you want to learn from ex-IIMs or IITs, it would be great if you pursue MBA from colleges powered by Sunstone.
FAQs - Best Time to Do MBA
Which colleges powered by Sunstone can I choose for the MBA program?
There are many colleges powered by Sunstone that offers an MBA program. Some of them are:
- Calcutta Institute of Engineering & Management
- G.D. Goenka University
- Noida International University
- SAGE University
- Bangalore Institute of Management Studies
Does Sunstone provide an EMI option?
Yes, Sunstone provides 0 cost EMI for MBA, MCA, BBA, BCA, and B.Tech programs.
Do I need to clear any scholarship test if I need a scholarship from Sunstone?
Yes, you need to appear in a scholarship test, and based on your merit, you will get a scholarship from Sunstone.