5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
As industries become increasingly reliant on digital infrastructure, the need to protect sensitive information and make data-driven decisions has become most important. This has increased the demand for many educational opportunities, with two popular choices emerging as leading career paths B.Tech program, Cybersecurity and Data Science.
Both disciplines offer unique and promising opportunities, but when faced with the decision of which path to pursue, one may find themselves wondering. This blog aims to explore and compare these two fields that will help aspiring students make informed choices.
What is B.Tech in Cybersecurity?
- Cybersecurity means protecting your computer system from online threats, in order to shield your data from unauthorized sources.
- B.Tech in Cybersecurity is a four-year bachelor’s program that focuses on providing basics on the protection of networks, cybercrime, analysis of algorithms and many more.
- To be eligible for this b.tech course, students should have completed their high school education with a minimum of 60% marks, from a physics, chemistry, and mathematics background. Having computer science as an additional subject will be a plus point.
- Some of the top universities take admissions on the basis of national-level exams including JEE Mains, BITSAT or EAMCET.
- The future of B.tech in cybersecurity is vast with a number of cyber security jobs in top private organisations. Apart from that students can also pursue higher education to get a better understanding of the subject. MBA program and M.Tech in Cybersecurity are the top two choices.
What is B.Teh in Datascience?
- Data Science and Analytics mean collecting data, analysing data, and using that data for decision-making, which will further help in the growth of an organisation.
- B.Tech in Data Science is also a four-year undergraduate program that helps students in learning about a number of tools and techniques, to collect and analyse data.
- In order to pursue B.tech in Data Science students must have completed their high school from a recognised board, and with a minimum of 60-65%.
- Admission to top universities is done by clearing a few top engineering entrance exams.
- Future in data science holds a number of opportunities in different fields including, artificial intelligence, education and more.
Difference between B.Tech in Cybersecurity and B.Tech in Data Science
B.Tech in Cybersecurity
B.Tech in Data Science
₹1 - ₹2.5 LPA
₹2- ₹3 LPA
B.Tech in Cybersecurity vs B.Tech in Datascience- Which is Better?
Both B.Tech in Cybersecurity and B.Tech in Data Science require dedication, hard work, and a genuine interest in the field. It's crucial to choose a course based on your passion and strengths, as this will motivate you to overcome challenges and excel in your chosen field.
B.Tech in Cybersecurity requires a solid understanding of computer systems, programming languages, and knowledge of various security frameworks and technologies. While, B.Tech in Data Science demands strong analytical skills, logical reasoning, and the ability to extract meaningful insights from large datasets.
It's important to note that while certain aspects of each course may be challenging, individuals with a particular aptitude or interest in the subject matter may find it comparatively easier.
The decision between pursuing a B.Tech in Cybersecurity or B.Tech in Data Science ultimately depends on interests, strengths, and career aspirations. Both fields offer immense potential and exciting opportunities for growth and impact. Whether you decide to pursue a B.Tech in Cybersecurity or B.Tech in Data Science, both paths hold tremendous potential for personal and professional growth.
With Sunstone, you can get the chance to unlock numerous benefits which include 70+ training sessions from expert guest faculty (ex-IIMs, IITs). Along with this, students can get hands-on experience from capstone projects, which can be helpful in securing job offers.
FAQ-B.tech in Cybersecurity Vs B.Tech in Datascience. What to choose?
What is the difference between cybersecurity and data science?
Cybersecurity maintains the security of the system, shielding essential information from getting misused. Whereas, data science is the study of data, and using that data for the growth of the business.
Can I do B.tech after completing 10+2 in the commerce field?
No, for students to pursue a b.tech course they have to complete their 10+2 only in the science stream.
Which course is easy, B.Tech in Cybersecurity or B.Tech in Data Science?
There is no easy course, choosing what to pursue depends entirely on the student's interest and career goal.
Will I get to study Artificial Intelligence during B.Tech in Data Science?
Yes, during graduation students do get to learn about Artificial Intelligence. Though if interested students can also pursue a B.Tech in Artificial Intelligence via Sunstone.
What is the EMI option provided by Sunstone for B.Tech Course?
Yes, there is an EMI option available for B.Tech which is a 48-month EMI option at 0% interest rate, starting from ₹ 6,563.