5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
MBA is one of India's most adaptable post-graduate programs. It is the only postgraduate degree program that accepts students from a variety of backgrounds. MBA after BA, on the other hand, is a relatively new and one-of-a-kind choice. The majority of BA grads share one similar question: "Can we do MBA after BA?" The educational path may appear unusual on its own, but it is necessary for arts graduates with a knack for business management. For arts graduates interested in a master of business administration, an MBA after a BA is required. This article explains why an MBA following a BA is a viable option.
Why an MBA After a BA?
"What is an MBA?" is one of the most often asked questions by BA graduates after they complete their degree. MBA after BA may appear unusual because the two degrees have no subjects in common. The changeover is significant, yet it is not as difficult as it appears.
MBA after BA English may be a fresh and unknown choice, but it certainly opens up new work chances and scopes. And, in most cases, it is a better-paying option than other scopes. This course will provide graduates with the knowledge they need if they are interested in sales, marketing, human resources, or business administration. MBA programs enable art students to get core business administration skills to expand their horizons.
MBA After BA Eligibility
"How can I do MBA after BA?" many BA grads wonder. This question has a simple response. Before admission to an MBA program, several qualifying conditions must be met. Eligibility standards differ from university to university, however, the UGC's standard criteria are mentioned below:
- Students must have passed either of the entry exams with a minimum aggregate score. CAT, GMAT, XAT, MAT, and other typical MBA entrance examinations can lead to admission to a reputable university.
- Completing undergraduate studies with a minimum of 50% aggregate is one of the key eligibility criteria for an MBA.
- Meritorious students will be invited for a personal interview before admission confirmation. Some colleges also hold this round as group talks to screen out more students.
- In addition to standard entrance tests, several universities hold university-level entrance exams for admission. Graduates must also pass the entrance exam to be admitted.
- Graduates who intend to pursue an MBA overseas will be subject to extra qualifying requirements.
- To be admitted to any reputable university, students must pass the PI/GD round.
- Graduates seeking an MBA overseas should have passed the GMAT as well as language competence assessments. English competence can be produced using IELTS/TOEFL scores. When graduates choose to pursue coursework in a different language, the situation differs.
Benefits of MBA After BA
An MBA degree following any undergraduate degree works wonders for job options and breadth. MBA students with a technical background can broaden their work opportunities to include production management, technical business administration, and much more. MBA after BA has the same effect on arts and science undergraduates.
Some of the key benefits of an MBA after a BA are:
- It also improves applicants' management skills, allowing them to run any firm.
- Aspirants who do not want to limit themselves to one option choose an arts degree, and an MBA over arts broadens aspirants' horizons even further. MBA degrees provide students with expertise in corporate business management.
- MBA is excellent for graduates who wish to build their organisations. Content marketing, language centers, graphic design, event management, and other common startup ideas for art students include many others.
- MBA graduates are also better prepared in areas such as financial resource management, business development, and staff management.
Purpose Of An MBA After a BA
Graduates, after completing a BA have a wide range of MBA job opportunities both in India and abroad. Because of their varied specialised streams, BA graduates are entitled to a profusion of work opportunities, which will grow with an MBA degree. BA and MBA graduates can expect a rewarding career. Graduates can pursue a variety of careers and play key roles in business development.
With appropriate understanding, the MBA degree allows arts graduates to engage in companies with sufficient independence. The coursework is aimed to provide graduates with experience in both general business administration and speciality courses. It will assist graduates to understand how organisations work and propose appropriate answers to management-level problems.
Aside from entrepreneurship, graduates work as Logistics Managers, Marketing Managers, Human Resource Managers, and other management positions. BPO, digital marketing, logistics, legal, hotel management, international relations and economics management are some of the typical fields of recruiting for MBA following BA graduates.
Is An MBA Following A BA The Best Option?
The answer to this question is in the hands of graduates. MBA after BA is now the ideal option for graduates with a flair for business management and entrepreneurship. Indeed, it is not for graduates who are more focused on specialisation. MA or other arts degrees may be a good fit for these graduates.
- Increased Salary: An MBA has a strong reputation in the employment market. When compared to a standard MA or other degrees, an MBA following a BA improves the employment options and pay scale of arts graduates. MBA programs provide graduates with the necessary management and administration knowledge to launch their businesses. After gaining job experience in the arts and sciences, students can pursue an MBA. It is a plus when it comes to recruiting post-MBA degrees because it raises their pay scale based on their expertise and knowledge.
- Similar Fields Of Study: When it comes to reputable firms, MBA and MA are sometimes interdependent. Some high-end employers require graduates to have an MBA in addition to an MA. The pay scale for those graduates will be higher than for graduates of any other MBA specialisation.
Entrepreneurs must understand that without adequate management abilities, business expansion is nearly impossible. MBA after BA is the best course to provide the necessary abilities. MBA after BA is a worthy decision in every way, but ultimately it is determined by the graduates' willingness.
Sunstone is a major provider of higher education services that collaborates with academic institutions to improve students' employability through the development of additional skills. At more than 40 educational institutions and in more than 30 locations, Sunstone provides career-focused training interventions for students at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Sunstone's training programs are recognised by the business community as effective for increasing employability. These programs are intended for hybrid delivery and place an unprecedented emphasis on the development of soft skills and personality traits. The provision of students with a comprehensive educational experience is the primary mission of Sunstone.
FAQ - MBA after BA
Can I do an MBA after my BA?
You can pursue an MBA after receiving a bachelor's degree in any subject (Commerce, Arts or Science). Apply for MBA entrance tests such as the GRE, CAT, XAT, GMAT SNAP, and others. A minimum of 50% in your undergraduate degree is required.
What is the scope of doing an MBA after a BA?
If you're wondering if you can get a good job in business after finishing a BA program, the answer is yes. An MBA is the most sought-after professional degree in the world, and it is the best option for any individual who wants to achieve success in life.
Which MBA specialisation is best after BA?
Marketing, finance, operations, human resources and entrepreneurship have traditionally been some of the most sought-after and top MBA specialisations, with many students considering them to be the safest.