5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 exam on behalf of the university for admission in MBA and PGDM programmes. This computer-based exam has a duration of 180 minutes and is conducted twice every year. The IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII will consist of a total of 200 questions. This exam has no age bar for any person who wishes to appear for the exam. This year, owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, the exam has been postponed to September. NTA, the conducting body of OPENMAT has announced that the exam was held on Tuesday, September 15, 2020. The IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII Answer Keys were released on October 9 and candidates could submit objections till October 11. As many as 18,352 candidates had registered for the exam. Important: The last date to submit the application form for IGNOU OPENMAT has been extended till 15th September 2020 In addition, the registration process for the IGNOU MBA entrance exam began on 28th February 2020 and is currently ongoing and candidates seeking admission in IGNOU Management Courses should completely fill the application form latest by 23rd March 2020. The IGNOU OPENMAT exam is conducted twice every year for sessions in January & July. OPENMAT 2020 admit card date is yet to be announced. In conclusion, you can fill the IGNOU OPENMAT application form for 2020 July session by clicking on the link given below.
Important: Fill the IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII Application form here.
Get all the information regarding IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 exam like steps to fill the application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern etc. in this article. However, before moving on let us take a quick look at IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 exam highlights given below.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020: An Overview
|Name of the Exam||IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII|
|Courses offered||MBA and other management programmes|
|Last date to submit corrected application form|
|Date of exam|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Download admit card||3rd September 2020|
|Fee payment mode||Online|
|Duration of Exam||180 Minutes|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
|Subject Section||General Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning English Language|
MBA & PGDM Courses offered at IGNOU
- Master of Business Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in the following -
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Operations Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Markets Practice
IGNOU OPENMAT Eligibility Criteria
A candidate should meet the eligibility requirements before applying for IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII exam. The IGNOU OPENMAT eligibility requirements are as under:
- Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university OR
- A professional degree holder in Engineering/Medicine/Law/Chartered or Cost Accountancy (ICAI/ICWAI)/Company Secretary-ship (ICSI).
- He/she should have scored at least 50% (45% for reserved category candidates) marks in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam for admission in MBA programmes.
- There is no age bar for candidates who wish to appear in the OPENMAT exam.
IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII Application Form
The IGNOU MBA entrance exam form 2020 can only be filled online. The form has been available since February 28 till March 23, 2020. The candidates who is a graduate in any discipline with 50% marks for general category (45% for the reserved category) are eligible to apply for OPENMAT XLVII. The application fee for general category is Rs 800/- and for reserved categories is Rs 600/-. The payment for the application form can only be done online either through debit/credit card or through Net banking. The application process includes registration, filling of the form, uploading photograph and signature, paying fee and printing of confirmation page. To know how to apply, documents to upload in the application form and other details, keep reading below.
How to fill the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Application Form
The candidates are recommended to go through the following instructions for submitting the application form. Above all, read all the information carefully before proceeding to apply online. Check the following information with regard to the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Application Form:
- You can fill the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 application form by clicking on the link given in this article or by clicking here.
- Online Application Form may be submitted by accessing NTA website https://ignouexams.nta.nic.in. Most importantly, the Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted.
- Candidates can also download the application form from the official website of IGNOU.
- Moreover, before filling the online entrance form, please read carefully regarding the eligibility and programme details given in e-prospectus available at https://ignouexams.nta.nic.in.
- Fill the application form correctly and do not leave any mandatory field.
- In addition, no documents are required to attach with the application form, except digital photograph and signature.
- Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph and Candidate’s Signature, most importantly, in the correct format.
Size of the File
Format of the File
|Scanned photograph of the candidate||10 kb to 200 kb||JPG/ JPEG|
|Scanned image of the signature||4 kb to 30 kb||JPG/ JPEG|
- Above all, The payment of fees can be done in online mode only.
The following is the application fees for the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020.
|OPENMAT XLVII- UR, OBC-NCL category||Rs 800/-|
|SC, ST, EWS||Rs 600/-|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Test cities
The IGNOU OPENMAT is a national level entrance exam that is conducted in 131+ cities. Exam centres of IGNOU OPENMAT are:
|101||HYDERABAD||PONUGOTI MADHAVA RAOLAW|
|102||NELLORE||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|103||VIJAYAWADA||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|104||GUNTUR||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|105||WARANGAL||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|106||ANANTAPUR||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|107||HYDERABAD||IGNOU SC, VIVEKANANDA SCHOOL|
|108||KURNOOL||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|109||VISAKHAPATNAM||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|110||KAKINADA||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|111||HYDERABAD||AURORA DEGREE COLLEGE,|
|148||KHAMMAM||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|0152P||VIZIANAGARAM||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|0153P||MAHABOOBNAGAR||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|157||HYDERABAD||IGNOU SC, S.D.SIGNODIACOLLEGE|
|159||TIRUPATHI||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|0165P||KAMAREDDY||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|179||KARIMNAGAR||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|184||KADAPPA||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|201||PORT BLAIR||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|203||ANDAMAN||GOVERNMENT MODEL SR. SEC.|
|204||CAR NICOBAR||MODEL PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|205||NANCOWRIE||SR. SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|206||CAMPBELL BAY||COAST GUARD PUBLICSCHOOL|
|301||ITANAGAR||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|302||BOMDILA||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|303||PASIGHAT||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|304||KHONSA||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|305||TEZU||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|306||ZIRO||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|404||BONGAIGAON||IGNOU STUDY CENTRE|
|407||DIBRUGARH||DEPT. OF COMPUTER STUDIES|
|408||GUWAHATI||HANDIQUE GIRL’S COLLEGE|
|0412P||GUWAHATI||BANIKANTA COLLEGE OFTEACHER|
|413||LAKHIMPUR||LAKHIMPUR COMMERCE COLLEGE|
|0415D||HAILAKANDI||DR. SHASHI BHUSHAN INSTITUTE|
|0420D||NAGOAN||GRAM VIKAS PARISHADRANGALOO|
|431||SIVASAGAR||SIBSAGAR GIRLS COLLEGE|
Note: Candidates should make a note that once an exam centre is filled in the application form, it won’t be changed afterwards. Hence, candidates must make a thoughtful choice while making the selection of the IGNOU OPENMAT test centre.
IGNOU OPENMAT Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates are advised to check the exam pattern thoroughly before appearing in the entrance exam. Check the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam Pattern and Syllabus below. The total of 200 questions are divided in the following manner across all the sections:
Number of Questions
|General Awareness||30 questions|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50 questions|
|English or Verbal Ability||50 questions|
Note: The marking scheme is +1 FOR EVERY CORRECT ANSWER with NO negative marking.
It is important that you attempt all the questions you are sure about and then go for the questions you are not so sure about, this will help save time. Candidates also need to prepare while keeping the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 exam pattern in mind as that will help them thoroughly prepare and will also keep them focused. Also read: IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam Pattern Valid Proof of Identification Along with the admit card, in addition, carry a photo ID as a secondary identity proof. In other words, you can carry any of the following documents as your ID proof:
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Voter ID card
- Driver’s license
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Syllabus
The IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 syllabus is created to assess the candidates’ overall aptitude in management. The syllabus for the IGNOU MBA entrance exam is not officially released, however, it is quite similar to other management competitive exams. In conclusion, the syllabus for IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 preparation includes four sections General Awareness, English or Verbal Ability, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.
- General Awareness: This section includes questions from current affairs, latest happenings, changes in laws and regulations, famous people, award winners, economics, politics etc.
- English & Verbal Reasoning: This section assesses the candidate on their language ability. For instance, it includes questions on grammar, vocabulary, antonyms, synonyms etc.
- Logical Reasoning: This section tests candidates on their reasoning skills and critical thinking ability, statements & conclusions, symbol-based problems etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: This questions in this section test the students on their numerical abilities and mathematical reasoning, HCF, LCM, trigonometry & numerical system etc. In other words, the questions test your numerical ability.
To read more about the IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII Syllabus click here.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Admit Card
he IGNOU OPEN MAT 2020 admit card is required by candidates to enter the examination centre. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII admit card on 9th April 2020. The IGNOU 2020 hall ticket will be available for download on the official website in online mode only. To download the IGNOU admit card 2020, candidates need to log in using their OPENMAT 2020 registration ID and password. OR
Download IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Admit card here.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Preparation Tips
The IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 admit card is out 9th April 2020. So, make a time table, practice mocks and for the general awareness section, keep yourself updated with the latest happenings. The following are some more preparation tips to help you ace the IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII.
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus: You must know about the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam Pattern, syllabus, and other details for ease of preparation.
- Create a time table and follow it: It is crucial you adhere to the time table you have made until the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam. In other words, make sure to give equal preparation time to all sections.
- Take a look at previous papers: Prepare previous year sample papers.
- Get your basics right. Have a clear understanding of concepts: In addition, it is advised that you clear your basics first before preparing for any new topics when it comes to the IGNOU MBA entrance exam.
- Mock tests: Solve as many mock tests as possible in a timed fashion. Moreover, this will help you check how accurate and fast you are answering in the mock tests.
- Avoid new topics at the last moment: avoid preparing new topics at the very last minute as this may result in last moment confusion between concepts.
- Revision: Once you have finished studying and started mocks, keep revising in the topics remain so that they remain fresh in your memory. For this, you need to formulate a revision plan, in other words, it is a crucial preparation technique.
- Have a question-solving strategy in place: Learn to pick out those questions first that you are comfortable answering. Keep the tougher ones for later.
To get section-wise IGNOU OPENMAT preparation tips, click here.
OPENMAT Exam Day Guidelines
Here are some points that you must keep in mind for the exam day:
- Don’t forget to carry a print out of your admit card. Digital, scanned or photocopy of the admit card is not accepted as a valid document.
- Reach your exam centre 1 hour before the reporting time
- In addition, do not carry electronic items to the exam venue.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Result
The OPENMAT 2020 result will be declared on 10th of May. To download the IGNOU MBA entrance exam results, you must visit the official NTA IGNOU web link. lastly, the candidates who make the cut-off will be eligible to apply to the postgraduate and masters programs in Business Administration. Take a quick look at the important dates for the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020.
|IGNOU OPENMAT Event||Date|
|OPENMAT Exam||15th September 2020|
|Result declaration||10th October 2020|
For more information, read IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Result
In conclusion, IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 is one of the most popular national level exams to pursue programmes online or distance mode. IGNOU OPENMAT enables students to get admission into the national university for a distance MBA or PGDM program. One can also explore full-time or regular MBA programs with a cutting-edge curriculum, preparing you for the ever-changing business world like the one offered at Sunstone.
Sunstone is a leading higher education service provider that works with academic institutions in up-skilling students for employability. Sunstone offers career oriented training interventions for undergraduate and postgraduate students at 30+ institutions across 25 cities.
Sunstone’s training programs are industry endorsed to enhance employability. These programs are designed for hybrid delivery with unparalleled focus on soft skills and personality development. Sunstone’s focus is to provide students with holistic educational experience.