5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Dreaming of pursuing a Master of Business Administration from a top-tier university? Every year, over 2.5 lakh students apply for admission to the MBA course. However, after passing the IPMAT Exams, you will be eligible for admission to the best management schools that offer PGPM programmes equivalent to MBA degree programs.
If you are targeting the IPMAT exam this year, checking your eligibility to appear for the exams becomes very important. Ignoring the facts may cause you to skip the exam because the IPMAT entrance exam has strict eligibility requirements. IIM Indore, which conducts IPMAT exams, has set specific eligibility criteria for all candidates to get admission to the five-year Integrated Program in Management.
We will discuss IPMAT qualifications, the age limit for IPMAT, the reservation policy, the minimum percentage of marks, and other IPMAT eligibility requirements in complete detail. So keep reading to find out your eligibility criteria today.
What is the IPMAT Exam and its Eligibility?
IPMAT (Indian Institutes of Management Indore Program in Management Aptitude Test) is an entrance exam similar to other top MBA exams in India for admission to the Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) offered by IIM Indore. The exam tests a candidate's aptitude and potential for a career in management. Those candidates who qualify for the examinations are awarded admission to the top-level universities that accept the IPMAT.
As for eligibility, to appear for the IPMAT, a candidate must have completed their 12th or HSC from a recognised board with a minimum of 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA (45% in the case of reserved category candidates).
Which Institutions Accept IPMAT Score?
IIM Indore, IIM Ranchi, IIM Rohtak, IIFT, IIM Jammu, and Nirma University run the Integrated Program in Management (IPM) but the Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test (IPMAT) conducted by IIM Rohtak and IIM Indore. All other institutions offering the PGPM programme accept the scores of the IIM Indore tests. Before admissions, each institute sets its eligibility criteria. Let us delve into it deeply.
IPMAT 2023 Important Dates
Deadline to Apply if you fall in Eligibility
IPMAT Applications Start Date
6th February 2023
IPMAT Applications Last Date
10th April 2023
IPMAT Exam Date
20th May 2023 (9 AM)
Not disclosed yet
the First week of June 2023
IPMAT Eligibility Criteria
Each institute has established its eligibility criteria and sets of available sets for IPM admission. IIM Indore offers 150 seats, and IIM Rohtak provides 200 seats for students to enrol in IPM. Here we need to explore more about admissions to IPM and eligibility criteria.
- The aspirants should score 60% in the 10th and 12th standards because it is a mandate for NC-OBC and the General category.
- The aspirants should secure 55% in the 10th and 12th grades to get admission in the SC, PWD, and ST categories.
- The age limit for IPMAT is 20 to 25 years for different categories.
- The aspirants waiting for the 12th standard exam’s result can apply for IPMAT.
- IPM applicants from international schools such as IB and IGCSE can also apply.
- IIM Indore has the right to decide and determine students’ eligibility based on their previous academic scores.
IPMAT Eligibility Criteria: IIM Indore
Slight changes in pattern are possible, but overall, the IPM aspirants appear in an aptitude test to determine their qualifications and aptitude. Shortlisted candidates are evaluated personally, either via video or in person, based on their performance on the aptitude test. The procedure is as follows:
- Step 1: When admissions open, candidates who meet the IPM eligibility criteria will submit their applications for the IIM IPMAT.
- Step 2: After the scrutiny of documents and applications, the applicants receive calls and messages to appear in the aptitude test conducted by authorities throughout the country, thus fulfilling IPMAT eligibility criteria.
IPMAT Exam Eligibility Criteria: IIM Rohtak
- General, EWS, and NC-OBC categories require a minimum of 60% in 10th and 12th grades or equivalent examinations, with a maximum age of 20 years, on June 30, 2023.
- ST, SC, and PWD: A minimum of 55% in the 10th and 12th grades or equivalent examinations is required, with a maximum age of 20 years on June 30, 2023.
- Students appearing for or awaiting the results of the 12th standard can also apply for the IPMAT at IIM Rohtak.
- Seats are reserved in accordance with Government of India rules and regulations.
- The aspirants will fill out an online application form.
- After determining the candidate’s academics and extracurricular activities, applicants can appear in IIM Rohtak’s entrance exam.
- Logical reasoning, quantitative abilities, English proficiency, verbal ability, and aptitude are determined with 40 questions each and 120 minutes.
IPMAT Online Registration and Admission
The IPMAT test is MCQ-based, where each question carries four marks and receives a negative marking for each wrong answer. The test is divided into three sections: logical reasoning, verbal ability, and quantitative ability. Each section carries 40 questions with a total duration of 120 minutes.
After success in an aptitude test, the shortlisted candidates are sent call letters for personal interviews. The shortlisting is purely based on the IPMAT test score.
Announcement of Selected Candidates
The list of selected candidates is displayed based on the composite score. The following composition pattern is followed to determine the composite score:
Aptitude Test Score
Past Academics (10th and 12th)
40 (20% each)
After the final results are announced, the rank or merit list is made, and offer letters are sent to the shortlisted candidates. A deadline is set for accepting and depositing fees, after which reserve candidates are given a chance. Moreover, the IPMAT eligibility criteria are strictly observed throughout this selection process.
IPMAT 2023 Reservation Policy
The IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak offer a specific percentage to various categories as they have reservation policies. To avail of the reservation, you must submit valid documents; to ascertain IPMAT eligibility signed by competent authorities. Here are the details.
The IPMAT eligibility criteria are the base to begin preparations. All aspirants should carefully read, check each point, peruse it thoroughly, and compare it with others. After fulfilling the eligibility criteria, you can proceed with the preparation of the IPMAT.
Whether you are preparing for MBA or pursuing it, if you need any additional skill enhancement, reach out to Sunstone and register. Sunstone offers a bundle of advanced skill development programmes for students to increase their employability.
FAQ - IPMAT Eligibility
Can I give IPMAT after the 12th?
Yes, after finishing your 10th and 12th grades with a minimum of 60 per cent from a recognised board, you become eligible to give IPMAT exams.
How many attempts are there for IPMAT?
You can attempt the IPMAT many times as long as you don’t exceed the age limit.
Is maths compulsory in the 12th grade for IPMAT?
It is not required, but a non-math student will have to put in more time and effort than a math student in 12th because 60 questions in IPMAT exams are based on quantitative reasoning, which requires maths.