5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Most students who opt for BTech degree course has this question that whether Java is essential for CSE students or not. The first thing that you need to know is Java is an integral part of the course that you study in CSE. So, whether it is important or not, if you have chosen to pursue BTech in CSE, then you will have to study Java. You may enrol in any BTech CSE college, but you will have to learn the programming language Java. Well, today, in this blog, you will learn about what is Java in Computer Science and the benefits of learning Java. So, keep scrolling…
What is Java?
Most students have this query what is Java in Computer Science? Well, Java is a computer programming language that was invented by a California-based company, Sun Microsystems in 1995, which was then acquired by Oracle in 2010. Java is mainly popular because it is an efficient and easy-to-use programming language. If you want to build software, computer games, or application for mobile and desktop that has good processing speed, then you can do that with the help of Java.
Why is Java Important for CSE Students?
Why CSE students should learn Java or why Java is important for CSE students is one of the most common questions that candidates ask. Listed below are some of the reasons why Java is important for CSE students.
- If you are not aware then, Java is the second most in-demand programming language in today’s time.
- There is no limit to what you can build with Java. The sky is the limit when it comes to Java programming language.
- We learn different things for money. Hence, know that Java developers earn good money.
- You should know that Java has a strong and active community.
- Java will stay in demand for generations to come.
- If you are a beginner, then learning Java will be easy for you.
- You get a competitive advantage with Java programming language.
Features of Java
Before moving forward to the advantages of Java, let’s learn about the features of this programming language.
- Java is easy-to-learn, and it is simple to use as well.
- Java is robust, helping users to achieve error-free programming.
- Everything is object-oriented in Java programming language.
- The multithreading feature of Java helps you to run programs separately, but you can execute them simultaneously.
- The most appreciated feature of Java is its secure nature.
- Java can run on any platform, hence, it is platform-independent.
- Java has a distributed language framework that enables safe code transfer and access between various machines.
- Java is architecturally-neutral as its bytecode interpreter can be employed on any platform.
- Java is portable.
Advantages of Learning Java
There are many benefits to learning to code Java programming language. Listed below are some of the advantages of learning Java.
- You can master Java programming language in no time as it is simple than other programming languages.
- Everything that a company demands can be built with Java.
- Java is an economical and maintainable programming language.
- There is a high-level usage of Java programming language in today’s time.
- Java is a scalable and versatile programming language.
- Java has a rich Application Programming Interface also known as an API system.
- Java is free of cost and the features are open source.
- If you don’t know then Java offers a wide range of development tools.
- As it is an in-demand programming language, there are various job opportunities available for you.
How CSE Students Can Learn Java?
Learning Java is not as difficult as it is portrayed. Now that you are aware of the benefits of Java programming language, let’s see how you can learn Java.
- If you are a beginner, try to understand code. Don’t take on any project, just work on the given codes on the internet. Start with the basic fundamentals and understand them completely.
- Once you know the fundamentals, it’s time to work on real code. Take simple and small projects to work on. Understand the problem statement and try to find a solution to it. This will enhance your coding skills.
- Now that you are aware of code, start taking on major projects so that you can understand the complexity of the code and how good you’ve become with it.
- Stay up-to-date because programming languages keep evolving and to earn more, you need to upskill yourself always.
Application of Java in CSE
Before learning Java language, you must know where to apply this programming language. What are the tasks that you can perform with it and how useful it turns while using in real life?
- You can build and run mobile applications
- You can develop chatbots and other marketing tools
- You can also build Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things, supporting devices
- You can power enterprise-level web applications
- You can also build and scale cloud applications
Companies That Use Java in Real World
Often candidates want to understand the use of Java in the real world. Hence, this section will let you know the companies that know the benefits of Java and are using it in real-time to run their applications smoothly.
Java is an essential programming language to grow in your career. Now that you know the benefits of Java, you would be keen to learn BTech in CSE as well. Apply for a BTech course in CSE via Sunstone and get numerous benefits that will help you build a bright career. With them, you get a capstone project every semester that gives practical knowledge of the course, and helps you in building a professional portfolio that improves your chances of getting hired. They guaranteed 50+ job interviews with their Placement Protection Plan and almost 70% of job opportunities are available in metropolitan cities. Not only that, 70+ training and development sessions are available from expert guest faculty who are ex-IIMs and IITs. So, put your shoes on, pursue your dream with Sunstone and be job-ready.
FAQs - Importance of Java
Which language is important for CSE students?
Which language is easy in CSE?
C, Java and Python are comparatively easy to learn.
Is Java necessary for software engineering?
Yes, you need to learn Java to be a successful software engineer.
What is better Python or Java?
Both programming languages are important and give fair job opportunities to candidates. If you want to get into data science and machine learning, then Python is a great choice otherwise Java is important to get into software development.