5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Often candidates who are about to appear in the MBA entrance exam have this question why an MBA entrance exam assesses you on language skills? What is the goal of doing so? Many candidates are comfortable with other sections of the entrance exams but are nervous when it comes to verbal ability and reading comprehension. Well, students can crack this section only if they are fluent in speaking and have excellent grammar. If you want to pursue an MBA program, you need to communicate with different people in different areas and that you can do only if you are good at English. In this blog, you will learn about various reasons why MBA entrance exams assess your language skills and how you can improve yourself.
Why Does MBA Exam Assesses You on Language Skills?
- Your language skills show how effectively you communicate.
- You must be aware that English is the first language that International Companies use.
- For your academic success, you need to be proficient in the English language.
- Whether you can interpret, comprehend and read between the lines is tested.
- As you will have to communicate with different sets of clients, it is important to have a strong hold on the English Language.
- When you take admission into an MBA program, you meet people from different countries and areas with whom you have to communicate in English.
- If you are working at the managerial level, it is important to know and improve your English as you will have to write business proposals.
- If you are not good with English, you might be left behind by other students in an MBA program.
How Top Colleges in India Assess Your Language Skills?
Do you want to know how top colleges in India assess you on your language skills? If yes, then here are the topics that you need to focus on to nail the verbal ability and reading comprehension section.
- Sentence Completion
- Para Jumbles
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Grammar - Error Spotting
- Antonyms & Synonyms
- Fill in the blanks, which are Grammar-based
MBA Entrance Exams Assessing Language Skills
Almost every MBA entrance exam has a language section which you need to ace. Let’s have a look at the different exams and their exam format.
Verbal and Reading Comprehension
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Analytical Writing Assessment
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
Data Analysis and Sufficiency
Indian and Global Environment
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Verbal and Logical Ability
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
Essay Writing Test
Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation
Tips to Crack VARC Section in MBA Entrance Exam
Verbal ability and reading comprehension are not difficult if you master the skill. Hence, here are some tips that will help you crack the VARC section like a pro.
- Start Reading Books & News in English
If you start reading books and news in the English language, your fluency will improve. You will learn new words and meanings that will help in your exam.
- Start Conversing in English
You must know how to talk in English. Start conversing in English so that you can speak fluently and understand what others want to communicate.
- Learn How To Manage Time
It is very important to be a master of time management, as you attend MBA Entrance Exam, you will have to manage time and do well in the limited period.
- Write More Often
When you start writing, it enhances your vocabulary and improves your grammar. So, start writing, if you haven’t.
- Watch English Movies and Shows
When you have to learn any language, especially English, it is always recommended that you watch English movies and shows and try to understand the language without subtitles.
- Practice Mock Tests and Previous Year's Question Papers
Practice a lot of mock tests and see, which type of questions appeared in previous year's papers. This will help you in getting a good understanding of the sections in the exam and how fast you can solve them.
Now you know, how you can crack Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension section and get admission into an MBA degree course. If you want to apply for an MBA course, you can do that via Sunstone. Applying with Sunstone will unlock numerous opportunities that will help you shape your career. You get to learn from expert guest faculty who are ex-IIMs and IITs; you get 70+ training and development sessions from top recruiters and industry experts. You also work on a capstone project every semester, and Sunstone helps you in building a professional portfolio that improves your chances of getting hired. You also get 50+ guaranteed interviews with Placement Protection Plan and 70% more job opportunities in metropolitan cities. If you appear in the Sunstone scholarship test, you might get a scholarship worth up to ₹ 10 Cr. If you apply for an MBA program via Sunstone, you also get a 0-cost EMI option for the fees according to the course duration.