5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
M.Com Admission 2022
M.Com or Master of Commerce is a two-year postgraduate programme that is pursued by students who wish to study further in the commerce field. The job roles that one can get after completing M.Com are Sales Analyst, Auditor, Business Analyst, Economist, Stock Broker, Company Secretary, Tax Accountant, and Consultant.
Just like every year, M Com admission in 2022 will be based either on merit or entrance exams. This is generally followed by another round of one-on-one interviews and group discussions. The best candidates are chosen out of that and a merit list of students is released who can get admission to M.com.
The registration for India’s top M.com offering institutions starts in July to August. To apply for the M.Com course, you must have a graduation degree in commerce stream from a recognised college or university. Some universities also accept students for their M.com programmes who have completed their graduation degree with honours in economics or business studies.
If you are interested in pursuing M.Com, you have reached the right place. In this guide, you will know about the top colleges that offer the M.Com programme, the admission process, documents required, eligibility criteria, and some tips on how to get admitted to a reputed college. Read on.
Top Colleges offering M.Com Courses
A large number of colleges and universities in India offer the M.Com programme. Some of these colleges conduct their own entrance exam while others admit students on the basis of merit.
Here is a list of some of the top colleges along with their admission criteria and the application deadline for the 2022 session.
|Name Of The College
|Admission Application Deadline
|Symbiosis College Of Arts And Commerce, Pune
|Madras Christian College - [MCC], Chennai
|End of May 2022
|K J Somaiya College Of Arts & Commerce - [KJSAC], Mumbai
|Loyola College, Chennai
|Entrance Exam and PI
|Stella Maris College, Chennai
|Hansraj College - [HRC], New Delhi
|Narsee Monjee College Of Commerce And Economics, Mumbai
|Hindu College, New Delhi
|Christ University, Bangalore
|December 2021 - June 2022
|Shri Ram College Of Commerce - [SRCC], New Delhi
Important Note: The above-mentioned application deadlines are tentative and can change due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Refer to the official website for updates.
M.Com Admission Process
Different colleges and universities have set different admission processes for their M.Com programme. The admission process can either be based on merit or on the score that you achieved on the entrance test. Some universities take both into account for the final list.
However, overall there is a basic M.Com admission process that almost every major college and university of the country follows. The process is following:
- First, you have to select the college or university that you want to get admitted to.
- Then check their brochure and know if the university is conducting its own exam or if it is depending on a common entrance test.
- Apply for the right entrance exam after making sure that you are eligible for admission in M Com.
- After clearing the exam, you might also have to go through one on one interviews and/or group discussions.
- If you get selected, you can get admission to the respective college or university by going through the counselling process in which you have to submit the necessary documents such as ID proof, education certificates, photographs, etc.
To ensure that you are getting the right information and you are taking steps accordingly, you should always visit the official website of the colleges or the universities you wish to take admission in and read their admission brochure carefully.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Com
Just like the admission process of M.Com, eligibility criteria is also different for different universities or colleges. However, for most institutions, the basic eligibility criteria stay the same. This include:
- The candidate must have at least 50-60% aggregate in B.Com or any equivalent degree from a recognised college or university.
- There are some institutions that also accept students who have done their Bachelor’s programme in Economics and Statistics, BFIA, and BBS with at least 50-60% aggregate from a recognised college or university.
- If you are applying to government-run universities, candidates coming from the reserved category will get additional relaxation of up to 5% in the selection process.
Documents Required for M.Com Registration
Candidates who are planning to get admission to M.Com need to have some of the documents. These include:
- Graduation degree mark sheet
- Migration certificate
- Income Certificate (If Applicable & Required)
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- Provisional certificate
- Category certificate (If you come from the reserved category)
During the time of admission, you will have to carry the above-mentioned original documents and photocopies.
M.Com Admission Entrance Exams
As mentioned before, a candidate might have to take an entrance exam to get into a particular college or university. In fact, almost all top-level institutions in India take an all-India level or state level entrance exam to ensure that only deserving candidates get the seats for their M.Com programmes.
Below, we have jotted down some of the most popular entrance exams you can try:
- BHU PET
- PU CET
M.Com Entrance Exam Schedule
While the exam dates can vary, given the COVID-19 situation in India, all the major colleges and organisations have released tentative schedules for exams. Some of them are listed below:
|April 2022 – June 2022
|December 2021 - April 2022
|March 2022 – April 2022
|March 2022 – April 2022
|January – March 2022
|April 2022 - May 2022
|January 2022 – March 2022
|March 2022 – April 2022
M.Com Entrance Exam Syllabus
The syllabus of entrance exams is also different. So, you should check the brochure of the institute that is taking the exam to make sure that you get the right syllabus. However, there is a general syllabus that is applicable to a large number of M.Com entrance exams in India. Down below, we have mentioned the common syllabus along with the marks that it carries:
|Accounting and Auditing (This includes financial accounting, auditing, corporate accounting, and cost & management accounting)
|Business Mathematics, Business Statistics, and Taxation (this includes GST and other types of taxes)
|Economics (This includes Macro Economics, Micro Economics, our country’s economy, and recent developments in the country’s economics)
|Entrepreneurship, General Management, Company Law, Corporate Governance and Business Law,
Preparation Tips for M.Com Entrance Exams
If you prepare well before the entrance exam for M.Com, you can easily crack it. Thankfully, candidates get more than one chance in a single year as there are multiple exams conducted by different universities. Here is a list of a few preparation tips that will help you clear the entrance exam:
- A large number of students who take the M.Com entrance exams tend to ignore general aptitude and general science as they think the exam will include only commerce-related questions. However, these two topics can really become your differentiator.
- Do not wait for the entrance exam date to come closer. You should start your preparation for the M.Com entrance exam as early as possible. In fact, if you are still doing a graduation course but thinking of doing M.Com later, you should start preparation in the second year of your college.
- If you think that you don’t have enough to start from scratch for preparation, you can practise last year’s question papers as many questions get repeated. Most often, the previous years’ question papers are available on the official websites of colleges and universities. If you can’t find them on the internet, you can also check for their availability in the local market. Alternatively, you can also take mock tests for practice.
M.Com Admission Counselling Process
Once a candidate clears the entrance exam or other rounds such as one on one interviews and group discussion, he or she will be shortlisted for final M.Com admission. So, if you find your name on the final shortlist, your next step should be admission counselling.
In simple words, M.Com counselling is just submitting the required documents to the right authorities. The list of documents includes certificates of your last degree, personal identification proofs, MCom application form, and so on.
Once you submit your documents, you will be asked to pay the admission fee for M.Com within a selected time frame. If you pay the fees at the right time, you will be selected for the M.Com programme.
FAQs on Mcom Admission
What is the admission process for Mcom?
What is the eligibility criteria for Mcom?
What are the documents required for Mcom?
Graduation degree mark sheet
Income Certificate (If Applicable & Required)
10th mark sheet
12th mark sheet
Category certificate (If you come from the reserved category)
What is the minimum percentage of marks required for the Mcom admission?
What are the different entrance exams for Mcom?