5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
The National Institute of Technology administers the NIMCET (National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test) for applicants seeking acceptance to the MCA (Master of Computer Application) program. Nearly ten participating NITs (National Institutes of Technology) offer admission to candidates through the NIMCET exam.
Every year, approximately 25,000 students register for the NIMCET, and close to 805 seats are available in 10 NITs across India. Numerous universities and institutes besides NITs use the NIMCET cutoff to determine admission to MCA programs. One must pass the NIMCET 2023 with a high score to be assigned a seat at one of the many campuses of NITs.
Participating Institutions for the NIMCET Entrance Exam
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Karnataka, Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli (Trichy)
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
Highlights of the NIMCET Application Form
- Candidates interested in and qualified for the MCA programmes offered by the various National Institutes of Technology can apply for the NIMCET examination by filling out the online application form on their official website.
- NIMCET registration will begin in the first week of April 2023, and candidates must submit the NIMCET 2023 application form online.
- Later, candidates must fill out all required fields, including personal and academic data and a contact address.
- When uploading their photo and signature, candidates must follow the NIMCET requirements.
- Candidates should be aware that there is no option for form correction; thus, make sure to enter all the information accurately on the first attempt.
- The application fee for general and OBC candidates would be ₹2000, while SC/ST/PWD applicants would pay ₹1100.
- Candidates must keep a copy of their application form for future reference.
How to fill out the NIMCET Application Form?
- To create a new user account, go to the official website of the NIMCET 2023 conducting body and click on the New Registration link.
- Candidates must enter a valid mail ID and a 10-digit mobile number in the appropriate fields on the New User Registration page.
- Applicants will receive a message to their registered mail address with a link to create a password and a security question.
- Enter the Application ID and password to log in and fill out the application form.
- Upload all relevant documents, including the passport-size photo, scanned copy of the signature, proof of identity and date of birth (10th mark sheet), and category/caste/PwD certificate.
- Pay application fees online with a credit or debit card or through internet banking.
Candidates must maintain the e-mail ID, password, security answer, and mobile number they entered in the application form until the NIMCET 2023 process ends. After the application form submission procedure ends, officials publish the NIMCET admit card.
NIMCET Eligibility Requirements
Before applying, candidates should confirm their eligibility. Education, test scores, and nationality are among the requirements for NIMCET eligibility. The committee selects the applicants for admission based on qualifying eligibility requirements and the NIMCET exam. The qualifying requirements are as follows.
- Students must have obtained at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale in a three-year BSc, BSc (Hons), BCA or BIT with Mathematics or Statistics or any one equivalent subjects from a recognised university.
- Students with a B.E or BTech or equivalent degree from a recognised university are eligible to take the exam.
- Students who will be taking the qualifying examination can also apply for the NIMCET entrance exam.
- Students who have completed or will complete a three-year BSc/BSc(Hons)/BCA/BIT degree from an Open University may apply if UGC/AICTE and the Distance Education Council have approved their programme.
- Students must be Indian nationals.
NIMCET Exam Pattern
- Language of Instruction: The medium of language in the NIMCET exam is English.
- Exam Mode: The mode of the NIMCET entrance exam is pen-and-paper based.
- Duration: The exam will last approximately two and a half hours.
- The number of questions: There are 120 multiple-choice questions present in the NIMCET question paper.
- Marking scheme: Each correct answer will receive 4 points, while each incorrect answer will deduct -1 point.
- Test Sections: The NIMCET exam consists of four sections: Mathematics, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning, Computer Knowledge, and General English.
Number of Questions
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- Mathematics (50 questions): The Mathematics section will focus exam questions on Set Theory, Probability and Statistics, Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Calculus, Vectors and Trigonometry.
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability (40 questions): The exam questions of this section will test logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude. Some questions will focus on comprehension of a rational situation, while others will focus on the facts presented in the passage.
- General English (20 questions): This section involves questions designed to assess the general knowledge of the English language. The topics covered in this section include Understanding Vocabulary, Grammar for Beginners in English, Synonyms and Antonyms, Word Power Word and phrase definitions, and Writing for technical audiences.
- Computer Knowledge (10 questions): The Computer Knowledge section will focus questions on Computer Fundamentals, Data Representation, Binary Arithmetic, and Venn Diagrams.
NIMCET Preparation Books
- Handbook of Mathematics by Amit Rastogi
- NCERT Mathematics textbook for class 12 by NCERT
- Mathematics by R S Agarwal
- Numerical Ability and Mathematical Aptitude by A B Rao
- Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams by Saumya Ranjan Behera
- Computer Fundamentals by Pradeep K Sinha
- Exam Preparation Books For Lucent's Computer by Lucent Publications
- Objective Computer Awareness by Arihant Experts
Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability:
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- All About Reasoning by Anjali A Gupta
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R S Agarwal
- English Grammar & Composition by S C Gupta
- Advance General English by H S Bhatia
- Advance General English by Hari Mohan Prasad
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi/ Arihant Publications
Before beginning your NIMCET exam preparation, ensure you understand the NIMCET syllabus and examination pattern inside-out. As an aspiring MCA student appearing for NIMCET, you can also explore an MCA degree with Sunstone’s benefits, offered at over 50+ campuses across India.