5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Wrapping up school life after 12th board exams and sitting down to ponder over questions pertaining to your career and aspirations can be at the very least, quite confusing. With thousands of things to do, finding that perfect course in a great college can seem like a task. And to top it all, preparation to crack MBA and BBA entrance tests can take quite a heavy toll on you.
Most of the B-schools in India rope in board results when preparing merit lists for admissions, and that takes some load off the students. However, some others prefer to assess a student's aptitude and inclination towards a particular course before taking a decision on their candidature and hence, conduct their own entrance exams. Talking about BBA entrance tests, an increasing number of colleges are opting for the latter approach as it helps them to skim through to find the talented and deserving cream out of gallons of applicants.
To learn more about some of the most important ways to crack a BBA entrance test, head over to the next section!
What is BBA in India?
It is an extensive three-year program for students who wish to begin their careers in the management and commercial sectors. Top BBA colleges in India conduct their own entrance tests and if you're an aspirant, it is important to know what these colleges expect from you.
For management courses like BBA, the most important thing colleges consider when judging a candidate is passion and an ability to think on their feet. This is something that is essential as practical skills in the industry. Hands-on experience is one of the most important factors to consider when judging a college.
Top BBA colleges in India conduct their entrance tests at the beginning of every session. Some of the exams and their corresponding colleges include:
- IPMAT- IIM Indore, IIM Ranchi, and Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- NPAT- Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce and NMIMS University, Mumbai
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune and Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Noida
- DU JAT- Delhi University, Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi, Keshav Mahavidyalay, Delhi and Deen Dayal Upadhyay College, Delhi
These colleges provide quality education and jobs after BBA and thus their screening process to acquire the best talent in the country is very rigorous and extensive.
Preparation for these exams becomes very important and requires basic knowledge and a reasonable amount of aptitude in various fields. The various aspects which are assessed by these exams are:
- Quantitative analysis
- Reasoning and analytical ability
- General English
- Business and general awareness
- Data interpretation and logical reasoning
How to Nail BBA Entrance Tests?
To nail these exams and secure a good college, one needs not only an inclination towards BBA but also hard work and determination to master the various aspects a candidate will be judged on. Some tips to prepare for BBA entrance tests for top BBA colleges in India are:
- Master basics of mathematics and commerce - It's important to use your existing knowledge acquired in class 11th and 12th to develop management skills and also read between the lines to understand various aspects beyond the text. Mathematics is especially important and you must be quick in calculations and analytical skills to crack these BBA entrance tests.
- Brush up on your general knowledge skills - General knowledge is one of the most underrated yet important aspects of the exams and it is the section where every mark makes a difference. Your general knowledge prowess will take you a step closer to cracking the BBA entrance test most aspirants may score equally in quantitative and logical reasoning sections but not GK. It is advisable to read the newspaper every day for a month or two following up to the exam and also brush up on the general knowledge books every day. Revision is key when you have so much information to take in.
- Practice sample papers regularly - Managing your time during the exam becomes pivotal and putting yourself in the "exam mode" is essential to see how much time you are spending on each question. A sure-shot way to crack BBA entrance tests is practice. Solve a lot of mock papers and time yourself to assess how slow or fast you are going and how you can change that to be more efficient.
- Time management - We understand admissions are a very busy time with all the application processes and also you might find yourself distracted since you just finished an academically heavy 12th grade and need some respite. It is advisable to practice efficient time management to divide time judiciously. Track yourself to assess how much time you are allocating to different things including fun and outdoor activities. Don't burn yourself out but also don't lose focus altogether.
- Self-care: In the hustle-bustle of preparation, you should not compromise on your physical and mental well-being. Plenty of rest along with proper nutrition will not only ensure good health but will also push you to work harder and prepare better for your upcoming BBA entrance tests.
It is essential to keep in mind that this is probably your only shot to secure a place in your dream college and it isn't really nice to adjust and compromise when it comes to your career for every step you take adds up from now on. Good placements are your eventual goal because they drift your career forward, be it MBA or job, and thus it is essential to also see the bigger picture and know what to do after BBA.
Do not fret! You have what it takes to get into a top BBA college in India. Just remember to stay focused and keep hustling every day. Don't let exam blues get the best of you, and you are all set to crack every BBA entrance test that comes your way. All the best, rise and shine!
FAQs About BBA Entrance Tests
How can I prepare for BBA exam at home?
Brush up on basics of mathematics and commerce
Boost your general knowledge
Practice sample papers regularly
Learn to manage your time wisely
What is the eligibility for a BBA?
How many colleges are there for BBA?
What are the best colleges in India for BBA?
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
Christ University, Bangalore
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune